On Saturday, July 20, 1957, a provincial plaque was unveiled to commemorate Victoria Hall, 55 King Street West in Cobourg. In 1986, the Trust replaced the plaque with a revised bilingual marker that reads:
One of the finest public buildings in Canada, this imposing structure was built as an expression of civic pride and confidence in the future. It was begun in 1856 and opened by the Prince of Wales four years later. Designed by the renowned architect Kivas Tully, Victoria Hall is classical in form and is distinguished by elaborately carved ornamentation, an elegant pediment supported by four Corinthian columns and a massive, column-ringed cupola. The building's interior with its traditional, pit-style courtroom and richly decorated concert hall is as magnificent as the exterior. Briefly closed after serving as a town hall and courthouse for almost 100 years, Victoria Hall was officially re-opened for public use in 1983 following an extensive restoration program.