On Sunday, July 24, 1983, a provincial plaque commemorating St. Anne's Anglican Church was unveiled on the grounds of the church at 270 Gladstone Avenue in Toronto.
The bilingual plaque reads:
ST ANNE'S ANGLICAN CHURCH
Built in the Byzantine style, St. Anne's was designed by the noted Toronto architect Ford Howland to serve a large and vigorous parish. It was constructed in 1907-08, replacing an earlier building which stood on the site. In 1923 the interior was richly decorated under the supervision of architect William Rae and artist J.E.H. MacDonald. Members of the Group of Seven and their associated executed the fine paintings in the dome and surrounding the altar. Renowned for its role in the development of Anglican congregations in western Toronto and for its social mission in the Parkdale district, St Anne's remains active in community life. In 1968 the parish opened St. Anne’s Tower, a pioneering venture in providing individual apartment accommodation for the elderly.