Fulford Place’s facilities included three greenhouses, each over 20 metres (60 feet) long. The two longer glass palm houses were used for entertaining. One housed a small heated pool, sheltered from prying eyes by orchids and lush palm trees. The other contained tropical plants arranged in artful grottos around a goldfish pond.
The Fulfords’ greenhouses were replaced in 1930, and eventually demolished in 1953.
Following her husband’s death, Mary Fulford had her own private retreat built on the estate grounds. It was a rustic log cabin constructed among
st the cliff-side gardens.
Despite its simple appearance, the cabin was not lacking in amenities. It featured two sitting rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms and a kitchen. Mary entertained smaller groups there comfortably.